Foreign nationals from the nation outside the EEA and/or EFTA, who intend to stay static in Iceland for longer than three (3) months, should have a residence permit that is valid.
Residence allows on grounds of cohabitation or marriage are provided on grounds of Art. 70 of this Act on Foreigners no. 80/2016.
A residence license is awarded to an intending that is individual relocate to Iceland to call home with his/her spouse or cohabiting partner in Iceland. The necessity is the fact that spouse or partner that is cohabiting an Icelandic or a Scandinavian resident, a foreign resident keeping a permanent residence license or a short-term residence license on grounds of work needing qualified expertise, for athletes, for moms bestlatinbrides.com latin dating and dads, on grounds of worldwide protection, humanitarian grounds, unique link with Iceland or higher level studies.
Specific unique needs use regarding household reunification for those who hold a residence license in Iceland on grounds of worldwide security, humanitarian grounds, unique connection or a residence license being a parent. The cohabitant or spouse associated with the applicant whom is applicable for reunification in Iceland will need to have worked or examined in Iceland in appropriate stay during the last four (4) years before publishing a software (unless an exemption is applicable).
You have the right up to a residence license being a partner or cohabiting partner if every one of the following demands are met, in addition to other people
- You might be over the age of 18 years,
- you had been 18 years old or older whenever you married or entered cohabiting partnership,
- you will be hitched or have been around in cohabiting partnership for longer than one (1) 12 months,
- you’ve got a spouse or cohabiting partner who lives in Iceland and it is an Icelandic or Scandinavian resident, or a foreign resident keeping a permanent residence license or even a foreign resident remaining in Iceland on grounds of the residence license as previously mentioned above,
- the wedding fulfills certain requirements for enrollment in accordance with the legislation regarding domicile,
- you should have a permanent house at the exact same location as your partner or your cohabiting partner,
- you can easily show that you can to produce on your own through your stay,
- you’ve got a legitimate insurance coverage by having an Icelandic insurance carrier (into the industry insurance providers) or perhaps a international insurance provider authorized to use in Iceland (within the industry Foreign Insurance organizations),
- you’ve got not offered a sentence that is criminal over the last five (5) years or been sentenced by a court of legislation for an offense which will be punishable by a lot more than three (3) months imprisonment based on Icelandic legislation, and
- your partner will not be sentenced by way of a court of legislation or been susceptible to general public safety precautions during the last five (5) years (unless an exemption is applicable), and
- the spouse//cohabiting partner in Iceland consents towards the license being given.
You may maybe maybe maybe not
- have married or be a partner that is cohabiting convenience purposes (i.e. for any other reasons than being using your spouse, for instance, the only real purpose being to get a residence license in Iceland),
- are typically in cohabiting partnership at under one (1) if you apply for a cohabiting partnership permit year,
- take effect until a residence and work license happens to be given, you do not have to apply for a work permit (please note that a cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen may not start to work before his/her residence permit has been granted) unless you are the spouse or cohabiting partner of an Icelandic citizen, in which case,
- work with a manager other than the only upon which the job license is dependent, and
- remain in another nation much longer than three (3) months in most 12-month amount of the residence license duration; otherwise the residence license are terminated or revoked.
A software for a residence and work license and documents that are supporting be submitted to your Directorate of Immigration or during the workplaces associated with region commissioners not in the Reykjavнk Metropolitan region.
Note that various guidelines may connect with a license to remain whenever a software is submitted and even though its being prepared. Partners and cohabiting lovers could be in Iceland whenever a credit card applicatoin is submitted if they base their directly on someone who falls beneath the groups above except a spouse/cohabiting partner of the pupil if he or she is needed to have visa. See information that is further the area on legal rights which can be connected to the license.
If a job candidate will not meet these demands as well as the needs talked about below, the application form for a residence license shall be refused together with applicant must keep Iceland. A job candidate would you maybe not keep the national nation can be at the mercy of expulsion or an entry ban. An entry ban can be an entry ban to the Schengen region for a period that is specific of or for two (2) years as at least.
The applicant is in charge of trying to get renewal of his/her residence allow at least four (4) days prior to the credibility of this license expires. Should this be done, the applicant is allowed in which to stay Iceland whilst the application for renewal will be prepared because of the Directorate of Immigration. In cases where a renewal of a residence license is certainly not sent applications for prior to the amount of legitimacy expires, the program will likely to be managed just as if this had been a permit that is first maybe maybe not renewal. An application received following the past license has expired will likely to be refused in the event that applicant won’t have a license in which to stay Iceland even though the application has been prepared.
Further on a residence license for the partner and cohabiting partner
Liberties connected to the license
Application for the very first license
Legal rights connected to the license
- The partner or even a partner that is cohabiting maintain Iceland whenever trying to get a residence license and even though it really is being prepared, except the spouse and cohabiting partner of the pupil who’s necessary to have visa. A job candidate that is necessary to have visa and that is abroad whenever trying to get a residence license cannot arrive at Iceland before the residence license happens to be given.
- The partner or cohabiting partner of an citizen that is icelandic authorized to the office without having a work license in Iceland. Partners of Icelandic residents can start to focus the moment they will have submitted a software for a residence license but a partner that is cohabiting maybe perhaps not start working ahead of the residence license happens to be issued. Other candidates must submit an application for work license when they plan to work with Iceland that can perhaps perhaps perhaps not start working until a residence and work license happens to be given.
- A residence license is typically provided for starters (1) 12 months at a time, nevertheless, two (2) years being a optimum. The license credibility may however never ever surpass the credibility amount of the spouse/cohabiting partner‘s license.
- A residence license could be renewed for 2 (2) years as an optimum, supplied certain requirements for the license are nevertheless met, nevertheless, the license may not be legitimate more compared to the license of the individual by that the applicant bases his/her right.
- The residence license provides the right to family members reunification. A residence license might be reproduced for on grounds of family members reunification for:
- the applicant’s young ones beneath the chronilogical age of 18 in the event that applicant has custody of these;
- the moms and dads of a job candidate in the event that moms and dads are 67 years old or older (doesn’t connect with pupils).
- The residence permit could be a basis of a residence permit that is permanent.
- The partner of an Icelandic resident may have the best to Icelandic citizenship after three (3) several years of staying in Iceland after marriage, provided particular other needs are met. One requirement is the fact that the partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the least five (5) years.
- A cohabiting partner of a Icelandic resident may have the ability to Icelandic citizenship after five (5) several years of located in Iceland following the formal enrollment of cohabitation, provided other demands are met. One requirement is the fact that the partner has received Icelandic citizenship for at the very least five (5) years.